- Lel picked up Dak's Githyanki Silver bastard sword as he looked down at the dying githyanki, noticing the red gems encrusted in its hilt faded and turned a pale blue color. Dak informed him through a coughing, pained laugh that he was no longer considered a githyanki as a traitor to his race. Lel's arcana allowed him to realize that the silver sword now considered itself in non-githyanki hands, meaning the Sword Seekers would be after it. He quickly stored it in his Gloves of Storing.
- The party, including Lel, Teadora, and Fargrim began to fortify the town of Farglen as they debated what to do about the scouting group of Kai'mera that were surely going to return within the next few hours
- One of the dwarven commoners who was working on the broken airship approaches the party and informs them that he found something strange within the airship. Taking the party inside, with an unconscious Dak over Fargrim's shoulder, they find a strangely forged metal cage hidden behind some crates in the storage area that contained a "ken-doll"-like Githzerai with entirely white eyes in strange clothing with an orb in his hand.
- The Githzerai was named Director 3-Jails, and he seemed imediately subservient to Lel. The party discovered that Dak appeared to be giving 3-Jails orders previously. After some debate about whether or not 3-Jails wanted to be freed, Lel opened the githyanki forged cage and they returned to the center of town.
- After some more discussion about the approaching Kai'mera, the party spotted an airship coming from the north – the Skidbladnir was returning! The airship did not land but hovered over the town as two dwarves dropped into town on ropes. They informed the party that the Kai'mera scouts had diverged from their path and oddly headed towards the capital city of Klizzarnus, which still had the red cracks above it in the sky arcing red lightning into the city every few minutes.
- One of the dwarven agents wanted to kill Dak, but Lel offered 3-Jails the chance to shoot him. After some consideration, 3-Jails used his psionic powers of unmaking and tore Dak from this reality (and tore some of him from history as well).
- Teadora sent an animal messenger squirrel back to Akkadia to deliver a message to Istarya, "Come to Farglen so you can help the people here and defend them just in case"
- The party boarded the airship Skidbladnir, formerly the Tarturian diplomatic vessel, and asked to be taken to the leader of the Tarturian resistance. The airship flew south of Klizzarnus and the party started to notice, in the setting sun, a collection of clouds to the west of the capital city that was not always moving as it should be.
- Flying through the mass of clouds, the party discovered an empty interior portion of the cloud and the crew were confused, then the ship proceeded through an edge of the cloud and found out that there are several large open areas within the mass of clouds – that's when they spotted the large mass of 8-10 airships roped and boarded together, floating through the cloud like a giant, mobile city.
- Docking with the city, amid the groups of ornithopters taking off and landing regularly, the party discovered a bustling town aboard the airships, and were informed that King Vondal, the long reigning king of Tarturia, was busy but could see them soon. The party did some shopping, and then was led into the main throne chamber of the King aboard a larger, central airship that was less connected to the rest as if prepared for an emergency escape at any time.
- In the king's chamber, Fargrim was saddened to notice that King Vondal was in fact Rangrim Vondal, the first in line for the throne. He discovered that the Kai'mera had apparently killed his father who had ruled for years, and that Rangrim was still upset about it and not very pleased about being in command. The party established connections with the king between Tarturia and the Castle Artegia resistance movements.
- King Vondal showed the party that the center of Klizzarnus had become a battle zone, with a large red forcefield around where the central bunker/etherium were located. They spotted several cultists and a hill giant around the center of the city, and noticed that they appeared to be fighting off the Kai'mera.
- The party formed a plan and flew down to the outskirts of the city, then with one of the dwarves from the Skidbladnir began sneaking their way through the secret tunnels beneath Klizzarnus. They emerged half way through the city in a rescently constructed resistance safe house and were led into a chamber similar to the throne room of the king, where they met Ardos – a late middle aged man affiliated with the theives guild in the city and seemingly working for both the resistance and the Kai'mera. It became clear that Teadora and Ardos had a sordid past, and he was none too happy about losing her favor to the likes of Pelor.
- Several Kai'mera teleported into the room and held the party at sword point as a female higher rank Kai'mera paced through the room, thanking Ardos for regularly capturing members of the resistance for her. Mid-sentence she was cut off as a bullet tore through the back of her neck, Ardos had seemingly gotten irritable and bored and fired at her from a pistol at his hip. The rest of the theives opened fire and took out all of the Kai'mera guards as Ardos led the party out of the room and to another passageway to the secret tunnels towards the center of the city. It quickly became apparent that the safe house was built around an airship which was beginning to take off as the party crawled onward.
- In the center of the city the party discovered the Etherium bunker had been completely blocked off by solid walls of earth, and emerging on the surface discovered four red gems being channeled into by cultists and earth weird genasi, which also appeared to be the striking points of the red lightning from above as arcs began to shoot down more regularly every minute. The area where the etherium bunker should have been was instead covered by a giant, pulsing and lurching mass of earth and stone.
- The party dispatched two of the cultists and genasi, incapacitated the hilll giant, and fought off the Norkers emerging from the ground all around them. As Lel, Shmee, and 3-Jails began to disrupt the the lightning crystals several of them became anchors for continuously arcing lightning from above, and suddenly the ground beneath each crystal churned upward into 75 foot tall pillars of roiling earth. As the norkers stopped clawing their way out of the ground, a large mass emerged from the mass of earth in the center, shaking off some dirt it appeared like a large sized dragon made entirely of crumbling stone that made the earth around it quake.
- The earthquake dragon took flight and began assaulting Fargrim alone atop one of the pillars, while 3-Jails and Lel managed the norkers, genasi, and lightning crystals atop the other pillars. Above they could see the red cracks in the sky widening above the active crystals to reveal a large surface of adamantine above, reminding the party of the gates around Carceri they saw in their visions of the red star.
- As the party disabled most of the crystals, the pillars slowly collapsed back to relatively stable ground, the lightning ceased from the crystals but the pulsating ground in the center heaved upwards as a huge Earth Titan emerged holding a large piece of Etherium, housing inside of it one of the Elder Eye Stones infused with Orium – as a large bolt of red energy streaked down from the sky into the etherium. The Titan exclaimed "My lord Ogremoch demands this portal be opened!"
- The openings in the portal gave way as the party fought the titan and earthquake dragon below, revealing that the adamantine was not in fact the walls of Carceri but instead a giant, broken link of chain that silently fell from the sky.
- The chain link landed, sending an immense cloud of dust into the air as a quarter of the center of Klizzarnus was flattened and smashed to pieces. Director 3-Jails bluffed and distracted the Earth Titan while Fargrim and one of 3-Jail's Phantasmal Killer constructs fought off the dragon.
- Lel leapt onto the etherium, released one of the jars of Orium Dragon's Breath that began to eat through the Etherium towards the Orium infused Eye Stone inside, while the Titan pummeled a large earthen fist into Lel's arcane shield and then his brittle and bony face.
- Another portal opened above as, this time, sevearl links of immense adamantine chain fell and leveled another quarter of the center of the city and sent a large cloud of dust into the air. The Orium Acid Breath Elemental, along with Shmee's help, managed to eat through half of the eye stone and remove it from the Etherium, 3-Jails eventually tossed the relic to Lel who put it inside one of his gloves of storing. The red force field around the center of town began to dissolve as the Resistance fleet could be heard approaching in the distance.
- Lel teleported the Titan inside one of the large chain links, then dramatically flung his sword at a green crystal in the Titan's chest and caused it to shatter as cannonballs began to rain down from the Tarturian Resistance fleet that was approaching rapidly.
It is now apparent that the Kai'mera and the Cult of Elemental Evil are not friends, and in fact that they will fight with no provocation what so ever.
Also it has now been discovered that the so-called "Night of Dread" that Caillus' notes alluded to is coming within a few weeks and that it refers to the portals bringing several Astral Dreadnaughts into the material world to cause destruction on a massive scale.